Self-test for non-professional use, CE certified and listed by the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices Germany. (BfArM, AT1172/21)
- Easy handling and fast test results within 15 minutes
- Sample collection in the anterior nasal cavity
- Specificity: 99.40 %, Sensitivity: 95.40 %.
- 5 tests per pack
- Producer: Hangzhou AllTest Biotech Co., Ltd.
In cases of contact with infected individuals or covid-like symptoms, this single-use test can help provide evidence of SARS-CoV-2 disease, if applicable. This test refers to the detection of antigens that are detectable in the upper respiratory tract during the acute phase of infection. If the result of the test is positive, it indicates that viral antigens are present. To determine an accurate infection status, it is recommended that a PCR test be performed following a positive test result.
Additional information about the BeRight SARS CoV-2 Antigen Test
How does a SARS CoV-2 antigen test work?
- A Corona antigen self-test for lay use is used to detect antigens in a nasal swab specimen. If the result is positive, it means that antigens are present in the self-performed sample.
When should the test be performed?
- It is recommended to perform an antigen test when symptoms suggestive of coronavirus infection occur, such as cough, shortness of breath, fever, fatigue, decreased appetite. Acute infection is the best time to detect the virus.
How is the test performed?
- Wash and disinfect hands thoroughly before performing the BeRight test. Carefully remove the cap from the extraction agent tube and set the tube down. Use the sterile swab for taking the sample. To do this, remove it from the packaging and insert the swab into both nostrils alternately until you feel resistance (approx. 2 cm). Turn the swab 5-10 times and rub the inside of the nasal wall. This may feel uncomfortable. Do not insert the swab further if you feel a lot of resistance or pain. The nasal swab is not recommended for injured, bloody or irritated nasal mucosa. For young children, do not insert the swab deeply. Gently remove the swab from the nose. Place the swab with the sample in the extraction tube and squeeze the side walls. Make sure the swab touches the bottom of the tube. Mix the solution well with your sample for 10 to 15 seconds. When removing the swab, you can squeeze the tube a bit to leave as much liquid as possible. Place the swab in the safety bag provided. Close the cap of the extraction tube. Remove the test cassette from the packaging. Please note that the cassette must be used within one hour after opening the packaging. Best results can be expected if the cassette is used immediately after opening. Open the small cap of the extraction tube and place 3 drops of the extracted sample into the sample well (S) of the test cassette. The result of the BeRight test can be read after 15 minutes. After performing the test, store all parts in a plastic bag, dispose of them in the residual waste and wash and disinfect your hands again.
Can the result of the test be wrong?
- If the BeRight test is performed correctly and all instructions in the manual are followed carefully, the results of the antigen test are reliable. Nevertheless, incorrect test results may occur, for example, if the sample collection was not performed correctly or if the test cassette had been unpacked for several hours or became moist. To ensure correct test results, the BeRight test should be stored between 2 and 30°C and in a dry place.
- Please read the BeRight test kit package insert carefully before use.
- Children should not perform the test themselves, but an adult should.
- The BeRight test is a disposable test and should be discarded after single use.
- The specified waiting time of 15 minutes must be observed, as results read earlier or later are invalid.